Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: EWS64XL memory

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Dani Futuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Maybe this is a stupid question but as I dont know I must ask, here it goes:
    I recently switched memory on my card, from 8mb to 32mb. But what does this memory do??
    Is it for the synthesizer/soundbanks only or does it improve the way the EWS handles audio in general? Hmm. Anyone?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Martijn's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    as far as I know EWS memory is only for soundbanks and has nothing to do with oevrall audio-performance

    Martijn

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Menno's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have the impression it is used for the reverb and the chorus too, but I'm not sure.
    If I remember well, 2 years ago I emailed Uwe Kindler and asked him to rewrite the softwarealgoritms of the reverb, because in my opinion it is very 'thin'. I wouldn't mind giving an extra Mb for a goodsounding reverb, like the Pinnacle had.
    He told me that it would take a complete rewriting of the whole system!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dani Futuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm. Too bad it doesnt improve audio, I kinda hoped at few more mb could give me some extra power...
    Anyways, im getting an Ews88MT soon wich I hope will run smooth. Uwe's work by the way is brilliant, hope he will continue it.
    Thanx anyways, good to see theres a few ews64 users left here still :-)

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 31, 2002 08:47 PM: Message edited by: Dani Futuro ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •